Sunday, December 4, 2011

Goal for the week.

Goal for this week: Shoot some film.
I have eight rolls of film and a box and a half of paper left over from last year's photo classes. I think it's time to shoot at least one roll of the film. I'll be using a different film camera than last year, the one last year was one I was borrowing from a family friend. Now I've got my own camera. I'll have to get comfortable with it since I haven't used it yet. But I think it'll be exciting. It'll be good for me to kind of get back to my roots, so to say. Learning how to do everything with film and all manual settings really made me have a lot of respect for photography. I think I've forgotten the most important thing film taught me: make every shot count. With digital I can just shoot 100 shots of the same subject and get one that is possibly up to standards. But with film you've got 24 or 36 shots to get that perfect one, and you don't want to spend every frame on the same subject. So this caused me to work extremely hard on every shot. I need to return to that a little. Also, I really enjoy working in the dark room. It'll be good for me.

No comments:

Post a Comment