Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Music is a photograph.

Music is meant to evoke emotion in a person. Photography is meant to evoke emotion in a person. Any kind of art is supposed to have this effect. So, in theory, you could represent one art form through another. I am going to attempt to do this with this project the I'm starting. The idea is to take a musical album, and turn it into a series of photographs. You can do this through looking at the song titles, reading the lyrics, listening to the music. Just whatever the music makes you feel, then using these things you've observed to create a photograph. I've been thinking about this project for a while, so I've got some good ideas already. The album that I'm going to photograph is Circa Survive's "Blue Sky Noise". I'm going to use the lyrics of the songs, along with the feeling of the songs, to create my photographs. When I finish the project I'll put the photographs up with the songs that inspired them.

No comments:

Post a Comment